As long as we retain the fleshly Adamic nature, we will be bogged down with carnal thinking and attitudes. We will only understand the ways of the world and have the abilities we are taught by the world.
Because of God’s holiness, man cannot ever, by himself and by his own merits, be worthy to stand in His presence. Since Adam brought sin into the world, everyone is born into sin, with a sinful nature. We are all born with a fleshly Adam nature, which is of the kingdom of darkness.
This puts us at a great spiritual disadvantage. We cannot hope to live a successful, victorious life on this earth and we are without hope for eternal life. As long as we retain the fleshly Adamic nature, we will be bogged down with carnal thinking and attitudes. We will only understand the ways of the world and have the abilities we are taught by the world.
But there is a whole other realm available to us, a realm where God reigns. Yes, the God who created the universe. The God who is omnipotent, omniscient, and omnipresent. This God, our creator, loves us so much that He designed a way to make us all equal in opportunity to move into His realm and share His glory.
When God created mankind and put him in the Garden of Eden, He created man in His own image and likeness. However, when Adam disobeyed God, he brought sin into the perfect body God had given him and into the perfect place God had placed him. This act caused a division between a holy God and his creation. God, in his infinite love and wisdom, had to remove the crowning jewel of his creation, man, from the Garden lest he eat of the Tree of Life and be eternally lost in sin. With that possibility removed, God could redeem mankind and give him the opportunity to enter into a covenant with God to make him righteous so that he could eat of the tree of life and live eternally without sin.
He did this by sending his sinless Son, Jesus, to the world to become sin for us in order to make us righteous before God. We find this in 2 Corinthians 5:21: For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him. When Jesus was on the cross, he took upon Himself every sin of mankind. In doing so, he provided equity for us to become morally right and enter the realm of our Holy God.
So, how do we come to God for anything, including repentance? The answer is through faith (Philippians 3:9). It is only through faith in Christ that we can receive anything from God. When we come in repentance to God and receive the cleansing blood of Jesus to wash away our sin, we are birthed into the Kingdom where Jesus is King. This is a Kingdom of righteousness, peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost’ (Romans 14:17).
Okay, so now we are translated from the kingdom of darkness where we are now born into the Kingdom of light with Jesus as King. Now what? Does that mean we are perfect and complete? Is that all there is? No, of course not! Now that we are made worthy to come before the very throne of God, He can do something with us. He can take a new baby Christian and begin to form us into his image as we grow and are changed by the living Word of God.
Now it is time for us to take responsibility to die out to everything that is natural and carnal and walk with Him in the kingdom realm and be made into His image. Paul says in 2 Corinthians 3:18 that we “are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord.” The more we hear and practice the Word of God the more we mature spiritually, and the more we look and act like Christ in our mannerisms, habits, and attitude.
Perhaps that is because God knows what is best for us and does not want us to be puppets on a string. His way is for us to make right decisions and choices that are in line with His will. He will work to change us, but He does this by allowing us to go through learning experiences, testings, and trials.
The rubbing against one another and the hot pressing of the trails removes the spots and wrinkles from us so that we are ready to be united with Him, the Head (God) and the body (us) fused together to become ONE in the Kingdom of God.
As children of God with the righteousness of God, we have:
- Constant access to the throne of God: Hebrews 4:16 ASV Let us therefore draw near with boldness unto the throne of grace, that we may receive mercy and may find grace to help us in time of need.
- Power to become the Sons of God; John 1:12 But as many as receive Him, to them gave He power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on His name.
- The dwelling place of God: 1 Corinthians 3:16-17 Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwells in you? If any man defiles the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are.
- Heirs of God, Joint-heir with Jesus Christ: Romans 8:16-17 The Spirit himself bears witness with our spirit, that we are children of God: and if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified with him.
- All the benefits of the cross: Psalms 103:2-5 Bless Jehovah, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits: Who forgives all your iniquities; Who heals all your diseases; Who redeems your life from destruction; Who crowns you with lovingkindness and tender mercies; Who satisfies your desire with good things, So that your youth is renewed like the eagle.
- Favor with God: Psalms 5:12 For thou, LORD, wilt bless the righteous; with favor wilt thou compass him as with a shield.
- Gladness: Psalms 97:11 Light is sown for the righteous, and gladness for the upright in heart.
- Safety: Isaiah 54:14-15, 17 All your rights will be made certain to you: have no fear of evil, and destruction will not come near you. See, they may be moved to war, but not by my authority: all those who come together to make an attack on you, will be broken against you. No instrument of war which is formed against you will be of any use; and every tongue which says evil against you will be judged false. This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord, and their righteousness comes from me, says the Lord.
- Eternal life: John 3:15 That whosoever believes in Him should no perish, but have eternal life.
- Ability to mature completely, to walk in the Spirit: Romans 8:1-6 For this cause those who are in Christ Jesus will not be judged as sinners. For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death. For what the law was not able to do because it was feeble through the flesh, God, sending his Son in the image of the evil flesh, and as an offering for sin, gave his decision against sin in the flesh: So that what was ordered by the law might be done in us, who are living, not in the way of the flesh, but in the way of the Spirit. For those who are living in the way of the flesh give their minds to the things of the flesh, but those who go in the way of the Spirit, to the things of the Spirit. For the mind of the flesh is death, but the mind of the Spirit is life and peace:
What awesome promises are given to the righteous! How could we not crave to walk in the righteousness of God? We are even given the Breastplate of Righteousness to protect our emotions so that we can walk according to the Word and not be controlled by our emotions. God has provided everything we could possibly need to help us walk daily in the righteousness He has given us.